Wednesday, September 05, 2012

How to Have a Snowball Fight


Last year I boarded "How to Have a Snowball Fight" as part of the marketing for the next Tinker Bell movie, Secret of the Wings. We were going for a broad, comedic tone in line with the classic Goofy "How To" shorts.

Below is my first draft of the short. You can see some gags and shots that got cut as we refined the story...and you'll find ways that we plussed the action and pacing in later drafts for the animation.



















5 comments:

Carrie Liao said...

Nice! I like seeing the board and final product together :)

Bethany Craig said...

I love it! The humor and character behind this is great :)

Stephanie J. Stine said...

Ahhhh haha that was really funny!! Thank you for posting this, I'm going to study it for a bit *-*

Seema Virdi said...

awesome stuff! It turned out great and your boards are beautiful! I'm kind of sad that some of the funniest bits from your board seemed to get cut :( just my opinion though! I cant wait to check out this movie :)

Nikhita said...

This is amazing! I love the final product, it's almost the same besides a little editing. I actually like the board more, esp. the dance moves the winter fairies through at each other. Awesome stuff. :)