Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trouble with Indecisiveness

I am annoyingly indecisive about tiny little things. Making dinner plan with me goes kinda like this.




Or shopping...



It could go on for hours.

So last couple weeks I was faced with a difficult choice. I had been working on a painting for Ryan's sister. It's her extra-bonus-track wedding gift.

I painted two of the similar ones:
#1

I like it, but it's hard to see the contrast in the dim lighting.

So I look at painting #2 I made.
More contrast here, but I still really like the birds in #1, and the texture, and, and, and... I couldn't make up my mind -_-'
That was 10 days of me obsessively asking Ryan about his opinion (and combating it, then asking for more opinion.) I did follow Ryan's thought at the end on this one, and I think it was a good choice.

I guess I should take him to Islands.

16 comments:

Stu Livingston said...

Hahaha poor Ryan - see you guys at ctn! It'll be my first...-_q

Ryan Green said...

Why are we not wearing seatbelts?? You live dangerously in your drawn fantasies.

Fawn said...

Ryan- OMG you're right! We do live dangerously.

Stu-We're there Saturday morning on a work duty. But we're free afterward. See you!

Nate Villanueva said...

Hope youll be wearing that fabulous scarf at the CTNs! itd be quite easy to spot you in a crowd.

Carrie Liao said...

awww yessshhh I like the first one...pretty colors! Also I hope you got the scarf.

The easiest way to not make decisions is tell other people they have to make them. Delegate, yo! (except still keep some veto power)

I'm gonna chat you guys up at CTN and make all the portfolio review hopefuls all sad :)

Andrea Fernandez said...

Sweeeeeet post!

Dustin Foust said...

#2 is the SHIZ!

basement61.com said...

I cant't help but hope that I was a part of this fantastic adventurous night... Glad I ran into you guys last night :) Next time I may even let you meet my girlfriend! See you at CTN... Painting 2 is beautiful BTW.

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Ohhh man. Please tell me you bought that scarf! And beautiful paintings! See you two at CTN :D

GOGOPEDRO said...

Great stuff man... the bluefoot never disappoints...

Fawn said...

Nate- It'll be a lot easier to look for Ryan. His height is really handy at conventions.

Carrie- I didn't get it and I'm still looking for a new scarf,one that allow people to see my face.

Andrea / Dustin/ Pedro- Thanks<3

Steven- Haha you were. It's pretty much every night.

Megan- May be I should invest in Snuggie instead of a scarf:)

Kendra Melton said...

OMG HAHAHA! That was hilarious! it's on sale. Fawn you're amazing :D

Clio said...

I think maybe you just don't want hamburgers. ;)

k.mediani said...

Those are very beautiful paintings!! Love the composition.
And that's such a great story and hilarious! At least you had lots of ideas when you're making dinner plan.. it's terrible when people have to eat out with me - I almost always have nothing in mind where to go!

Caro said...

This is sooooo unbelievably cute!!!

Nikhita said...

hahaha! it's so sweet!!!!Poor ryan!! :D!