Thursday, November 05, 2009

Pharewell Phillies


I have extremely little interest in baseball. I don't like playing it. I don't like watching it. I don't like other people watching it (cuz I'm controlling like that). The whole sport is really just a hyped-up snooze fest...BUT!!! There is one exciting gem to the sport that sparkles a furry green: The Philly Phanatic! He's 85% anteater, 15% exotic bird, and 100% fun!

My father took me to a Phillies game when I was a kid. After all these years, the only memory I've retained from the event is of the Philly Phanatic. Who was pitching that game? I don't know...but I can tell you that the Phanatic is horrible at driving golf carts. Who won the game? I have no clue...but I know that the Phanatic likes to sneak up behind people and lick them with his long, roll-out tongue.

Why don't we just we just eliminate all of the baseball players and allow the mascots to compete? I'd watch that...and the memories would probably last longer.

5 comments:

Nelly D. said...

Mascots in an arena...with weapons...yessss.

How's it going Ryan?

Love the Phanatic sketch.

Ryan Green said...

Hey, Nelson! Haven't talked to you in a LONG time. Great blog, by the way.

Stuart L said...

Lol good mini-memoir. Leave it to cartoonheads to focus/mourn the weird baseball mascots.

Ryan Green said...

Weird?! Is that how you speak of the dead, Stuart?! Shame on you!

Tom Davis said...

Hilarious! Love the sketch and especially the story!