Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Phone Call Drawings



It was Thai Mother's Day on August 12th and I drew these while talking to my mom on the phone. I made long distant call to my family in Thailand every two weeks. And it usually takes about at least an hour. The phone gets passed around then I'll re-tell the story again to everyone available at the time (mom, dad, sisters, grandmother, aunt, family dogs, etc.)

This time I just happened to sit next to a notepad and a pencil. To my surprise, I made perfect sense talking on the phone while drawing.

18 comments:

Stuart L said...

Awesome! Cute girls

pablo pablo said...

Nice sketches!

Fawn said...

Thanks stuart! Hey, I want to go play with Itty Bit. Can I make a reservation? I'm aware that we have to wait in long line for that famous cat of yours.

Pablo-Thanks for coming by. I can't read your blog but your caricature work looks awesome.

MutantKitten said...

So pretty! :)

rad sechrist said...

These are some of the coolest girl designs I've ever seen!!!

Fawn said...

Jennie and Rad - Thank you :)

Alina Chau said...

Awesome drawings!

Mr. Post-It said...

Inspiring work!!
Time for me to start drawing.

DebRiver said...

I bet the dog loved hearing what you've been up to.

Mr.Mr. said...

These drawings are so cool.

jacks said...

COOL!

Puga Vida said...

thats awesome!!!! man i cant remember the last time i drew on paper!!!

Bob said...

Awesome sketches, Fawn! I want to see a Bi-polar Bunny cartoon, Ryan.

victoriaying said...

Haha! I love the one where she is smiling!

Tapan Gandhi said...

fawn these are so cute! i wish i could draw like this.. let alone draw like this while talking on the phone!

Dustin Foust said...

These are fantastic. I wish I could sit on the phone and sketch stuff this good.

Chris Battle said...

AHHH!! These are GREAT! More phone doodles, I say.

Sabrina Alberghetti said...

these are so wonderful!