Monday, August 31, 2009

The Getty Garden



The Getty Center is one of our favorite places in Los Angeles. We visited the Getty again a couple weekends ago. There were these awesome French landscape paintings on current display and I was drooling all over them. We spent the first half of the day looking at new exhibitions and the rest of the day sitting around drawing and taking a nap. I painted this based on my little pencil sketch of the path leading down to the main garden. The museum is nice enough to provide umbrellas for anyone who doesn't put on enough sunscreen for the day.

7 comments:

Stuart L said...

Wow 8-O gorgeous use of color, the sunlight effect is great too! I envy your...how eloquently can I put this..."mad skeelz!" :D

Tapan Gandhi said...

the colours.. the colours!! amazing

MutantKitten said...

Love it! :D

Chris Battle said...

Nice!! Great color and mood.

Fawn said...

stuart: anyone talking with "z" is cool with me, thankz!

tapan: thanks:) i watched HGTV last night and i saw one guy from toronto that reminded me so much of you. were you looking for a condo downtown by any chance? hehehhee

jennie: yay thank you.

chris: thanks!

Dustin Foust said...

Beautiful colors!

Rej said...

So beautiful!!!
great job, i love it.