Sunday, June 14, 2009

Penning SoCal

For the past month or so, Fawn and I acted as Southern California Tour Guides. All of our guests decided to visit us in May this year. We drove them to the usual spots like Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier. We stopped by Hollywood & Highland when Pixar was having their premier party for "Up." We spent one day at the Getty Villa and another at Sea World in San Diego. We took a trip to Santa Barbara and attended a street painting festival at the Santa Barbara Mission. We packed so much touristy traveling into one month that I think I'm gonna stay home for the rest of the year. (Maybe I'll make an exception for Comic Con next month!)

Anyway...since I spent so much time in public, I took the opportunity to do pages and pages of observational drawings. Here are a few...













And here's an older page I discovered while raiding my sketchbook...

2 comments:

Tapan Gandhi said...

ryan, that's pretty crazy.. who knew that u and fawn were tour guides?! (clearly, not i)

these sketches are lovely.. i especially love the page with the boats.

Ryan Green said...

Thanks, Tapan.

At least we know we have other job options if animation doesn't pan out.