Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kyoto sketches

I never got around to posting more sketches from Japan. Here are a few...

Our room in Kyoto was on the fourth floor of a private residence. The owner had a small coffee shop on the 2nd level that didn't get much business, but the atmosphere was great for relaxing after a long day of walking. Fawn, focused on things to do in Kyoto, sat still long enough for me to capture a good likeness.



We saw lots of stairs. We climbed lots of stairs. This is a stone set around one of the temples in Kyoto.



One of my favorite bridges...with more stairs...



9 comments:

Stuart Livingston said...

dayamn I love the stair sketch. Beautiful hatching man.

Tapan Gandhi said...

those are some fantastic stairs, ryan

awesome stuff!!

Stephanie R. said...

wow these are beautiful!! you should be a professional! oh, wait...

nice work! :D

GOGOPEDRO said...

Some really wonderful work guys looks like you had a great trip.

P

Clio said...

MAN these are gorgeous! I especially like the stairs too. I'd probably fall down them, though.

Puga Vida said...

Beautiful sketches! i could stare at these all day!!

Deb River said...

so pretty! Print me a copy so I can hang in my future apartment, ;)

dana w said...

hey ryan- these are great, and those mushroom cookies sound awesome.

hope all is well with you guys!

Natalie said...

I love these sketches! The one of Fawn is awesome! You must have had a blast! I'm jealous ;) I hope you are both doing well and enjoying the West Coast life! :)