Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Balboa Park: The Most Photogenic Place on Earth

On Saturday, Fawn and I spent some time at Balboa Park in San Diego. The campus is rich with elaborate architecture, colorful gardens...and weddings. Every time I turned my head, I spotted brides and grooms swapping vows or posing for awkward photos...

"Raise your head up a little...GREAT!"
*snap snap snap*
"Now kiss her! Let's see how much you're in love!"
*snap snap snap*
"Excellent! Now do that again, but this time do it on one leg! Yes! Hold it...hold it..."
*snap snap snap*

A peaceful pond. The perfect place for...

...the narcoleptic...

...and sketching!

11 comments:

Dustin A. Foust said...

I can't believe you guys got to meet Glen Keane!!! Geez!

Stuart Livingston said...

when I was there I saw a turtle where the narcoleptic is...it smelled weird :P

Ryan Green said...

cool! glad you have a blog too - we RG's have to keep in touch. how could anyone resist a face-plant nap on a cement bench?

Clio said...

Oh man, amazing sketches!! I THINK I went to Balboa park while there?? I'm not entirely sure. Great stuff from both of you lately!

elephantmarchblog said...

Amazing sketches on this blog, My friend.

Theo said...

Cool stuff! Yeah, Balboa Park is a very picturesque place. Anyway, hope I can touch base with you later!

Tapan Gandhi said...

hey guys!! thanks for the comment :) i will def. keep u guys informed about my film

that sketch is beautiful.. i wish i could take a trip to san diego again :(

louis Thomas said...

thanks for comment ryan!!
some great stuff here!
to answer to your question,yes i am "only" 20...
see you

Richard Gaines said...

I love your on-spot layout sketches. Just so amazing!

Great studio work, bro. Keep producing!!

DrawDoll said...

Hey nice sketch! I miss California soo much:(

Bryan Wynia said...

Great Blog!